Friday, February 17, 2012

Heart that was once lost can now be found

I was invited to be part of a show in Cleveland where each participating artist is supposed to create a postcard, mail it using the USPS, and have it arrive at the gallery to be hung - with damages and all.

It took me a while to think of a cool concept for this show, but finally I did. I decided to create 4 postcards that would come together to be one image. I really liked the idea that they would all be separated and eventually (hopefully) come back together once they reached their destination.

I'm very interested to see how they look once they arrive at the gallery...hopefully I'll get a picture or two to share!
These were made from magazine covers, tape, marker, and acrylic paint.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really cool! The postcard concept reminds me of this: http://anamarietam.wordpress.com/2012/02/02/postcard-design-for-random-project-2012-word-podium/#comments

Ana Benaroya said...

oh cool, i really like that! :)