Friday, August 3, 2012

God Bless

This is a mixed media collage I created a little while ago. I found the photograph of the three ladies while on a walk to eat dinner. It was just lying on the ground, so I picked it up and immediately loved it. I saw a bunch of other photographs had been blown into a small park nearby, but unfortunately the gates to the park were locked and I couldn't get in. I wish I could have seen what other photos went with this one...it would have made a great collection.

On the back of the photo, "1983" was hand-written. I don't know why but the women in this photo really had an emotional effect on me. There is something incredibly sad about this photo, though I can't put my finger on it.

Eventually I figured out what I wanted to do with it - and I created this Americana-type collage. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: