Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bassnectar

This project has been going on and off for a while now and finally came to a resolution this weekend! I worked with Bassnectar, a one man electronica-type band to design a poster or album. Initially he had absolutely no art direction and just said he really liked my collage work, which was interesting, because I've never done that sort of work commercially before. I really enjoyed the challenge - and in fact, it was kinda a break for me from drawing!

Anyways, all the bottom images you see here are my attempt at getting something he liked...unsuccessfully. Up top you finally see a poster I designed for his upcoming concer in Denver at the Red Rocks. This is the final approved design. I really enjoyed the process as it was totally different from anything I ever did before.







No comments: