Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Faesthetic

Two pieces that will appear in the upcoming issue of Faesthetic (#13). The theme was Luck. I have been watching Jersey Shore pretty frequently (I know, I know) and I thought how "lucky" the characters on Jersey Shore are - or at least how lucky they consider themselves. These are people with little or no inherent talent or intelligence, yet they were selected to appear on this show and in the process earn thousands, if not millions of dollars. Probably if it weren't for this show, these people would have lived the rest of their lives in obscurity.

Although the money and fame is probably nice, I wonder if these people really are lucky...because what are they famous for? For the rest of their lives the persona they create on this show will follow them around, and I doubt anyone will ever take them seriously again. While they are young, I'm sure they won't mind, but as they get older I think the way they feel about this might change.


No comments: