Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tea Party + Hate Mail

This piece ran in The Las Vegas Sun and the Las Vegas Weekly this week and it accompanied a story about the Tea Party Senate candidate of Nevada State, Scott Ashjian. There was a whole lot of ridiculousness going on with his candidacy, and whether or not he was running as a serious representative of the Tea Party or a secret Liberal seeking to split the conservatives. If you are interested in reading more, click here.

To add to the excitement of this article/illustration, I received my first art-hate-mail in response to my depiction of the upside down American flag. This lovely Nevadan (who I will keep nameless, for the sake of his reputation), was infuriated at my decision to "disrespect" the American flag by choosing to draw it upside-down. Clearly, this man did not take but one second to read the article and has no idea about what is going on with this whole Tea Party nonsense happening in our country. It is the Tea Party members who in fact choose to hang the American flag upside down. So perhaps my hater should take up some of his patriotic fervor with his fellow All-American-Tea-Party-Members (because I'm almost positive he probably voted for them).

I am looking forward to more hate mail in the future, hopefully from more educated individuals.

1 comment:

Ryan Cecil said...

hell yeah bring it on