Saturday, May 16, 2009

back in the game

So I'm back from my 5 day road-trip across the Midwest/East. It was exhausting but really amazing - it's easy to forget how lives are so different across the states. After living in city environments for almost all my life, its fun to see how much more laid back other parts of our country are.

Anyways, while on the trip (in the car) - I drew on a couple newspaper pictures that I thought were interesting. When I got home I cut these out and added some digital color on top of my linework. Photos are courtesy Brett Coomer (The Houston Chronicle) and Gail Burton (AP).

In other news, a number of my posters will be in a gallery show called "PAPER JAM, the Art and Grime of the East Coast Rock Poster" - at Civilian Art Projects in Washington, DC. The opening is schedule to be June 12th - I'm hoping to make it down there. If you're in the area, definitely check it out!

More work to come - including more 2 shirt designs and a record album cover.


No comments: